Afternoon blaze razes 2-storey house in Jagna
JAGNA.-A more than 30-year old residential building in barangay Poblacion here was razed to the ground after a fire last Tuesday.
As per investigation conducted by the Jagna Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the main cause of the fire which originated from the ceiling of the house was electrical short circuit.
Billowing smoke was first noticed by Angelina Abcede, a 30-year old neighbor at about 2:30 in the afternoon at the house owned by spinster sisters Roberta, Claudia and Nola Macalos.
According to SFO 1 Pablo Alaba of the Jagna Bureua of Fire Protection (BFP) who immediately responded together with his team, the fire had already started to burn the portion of the 2nd floor of the house made of semi-concrete materials.
Minutes later, elements of LGU-Valencia BFP and the Philippine Mining Service Corporation (PMSC) of Garcia-Hernandez, Bohol fire service men came.
The house which was also occupied by students and other boarders went up in flames resulting in no personal belongings being spared. The nearby house owned by Angelina Acebes was partly burned.
Jagna BFP Fire Marshal Raul BustaliÃ±o led in the effort of rescuing the belongings of the raging house but southerly winds fanned the flames making it uncontrollable.
Other BFP units which arrived to the fire scene were from LGU-Dimiao and Ubay. (Gregorio A. Tavera)Linkback: https://tubagbohol.mikeligalig.com/index.php?topic=24782.0