Author Topic: Global Warming: A Bol-anon Perspective  (Read 2738 times)

pioneer

• To God be the glory alone
  • FOUNDER
  • GURU
  • stay at home
    • View Profile
    • spiritual preparation
Global Warming: A Bol-anon Perspective
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:33:49 AM »
Global warming, erosion or surface movement
By Joe Espiritu
Jagna-based Writer

(printed in 2006)

Last week, there had been reports of some houses and manmade structures along the shores that had been washed away by big waves. There was no tsunami. It could be attributed to tidal waves. According to reports, some parts of southern Bohol , eastern Cebu and parts of Sulu were affected. In some places, the surge could be expected. However these events are rather strange. For four days the tides were high. It ranged from 1.9 to 2 meters at its fullest.

That would be enough to inundate the low-lying portions of land near the shores. However, the blustering winds of the southwest monsoon created high waves and blew them inland thus washing out structures along the beaches. Damages could be expected in Sulu and southern Bohol since the waves rush shoreward. However, in places like Talisay, Cebu their shores face west, besides the island of Cebu is sheltered from the southwest monsoon by the island of Negros , hence the waves were brought by high tides.

This means that land is a little lower than that of the previous years. It would not be surprising that Bohol would sink a few centimeters on the month of May but this happened in August. Besides the Sandugo celebrations were over, expats are leaving for other places. Those who were old enough say that the sea level had rose in the past forty years. Or the land is sinking beneath the waves.

Millions of years ago, Bohol and the Philippines had been under water. Then came the period of rising, the seabed was pushed up by the upheaval creating the Philippine archipelago. Bohol upland farmers are sometimes mystified when the plow up prehistoric mollusks even in Mayana, considered the highest place in Bohol .

It could be reasoned that the ancient people gathered bivalves and univalves to dine on them in their upland homes. However, those who carry giant tridacnas, - taclobo if you will, upland ought to have his head examined. Heavy tridacna shells abound in the mountains of Jagna that there must be a lot of certifiable morons then. Which is unlikely.

The underground forces must have been spent. There are no evidences of upheaval in the recent times. The underground forces could have been spent. There are volcanic activities but they are far away. The land will start to settle. Erosions start to set in. Mountains tumble and the ceaseless waves pound on the shores. Year after year the shorelines receded. The areas where boats were previously beached are now underwater. The condition is noticeable in the southern part of Bohol .

Another reason perhaps why the seas are encroaching land is global warming. Constant use of combustible materials created a carbon dioxide blanket, which keep heat from dissipated to the outer space. Release of flourohydrocarbons or FHC used as aerosols to the atmosphere weakens the ozone layer. The trapped heat raises the earth temperature and melts the north and south icecaps, which in turn raises the sea level.

Environmentalists of industrialized nations are meeting to reduce atmospheric pollution but some of the most advanced countries do not really care. Anyway, land loss is gradual, scarcely noticeable. But those living near the sea will notice. All we can do is ask them to move inland. Not even King Canute could hold the sea back. It will take several generations before the seas would cover land as it was before barring another upheaval.

Linkback: https://tubagbohol.mikeligalig.com/index.php?topic=2552.0
Romans 10:9
"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved."
👇👇👇
Na-try mo na ba yung Tala app? Reliable sa unexpected expenses at laking tulong sa future! Use this code 9SO1TSL or visit www.tala.com to sign up!

unionbank online loan application low interest, credit card, easy and fast approval

Way Nada

• STUDENT
    • View Profile
Re: Global Warming: A Bol-anon Perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 07:44:44 AM »

Kining gisuwat ni Joe Espiritu matawag ni nga alarmist. Nang hadlok ni siya sa katawhan nga mo-unlod ang Bohol. Mo-unlod ang Bohol panahon sa pista kay manguli man ang mga Bol-anon sa kalain-laing dapit sa kalibutan. Pero sa tinood lang... Kining global warming tinood ni... Pero dili ang kinaingnan ang tawo. Kining ideyaha gikan man gud sa mga leftist nga pollution kuno ang kinaingnan.

grazie7y

• EXECUTIVE
  • GURU
  • Aya san, rest in peace. I will always miss you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 07:58:02 AM »
Kina ignan gihapon ang tao ani, Way Nada, coz kita man jud ga create aning global warming.

Gisakyan lang ni sa mga leftist but there's a little truth to what they said coz gakadaghan ang tao, gakadaghan man mag abuso sa atong Mother Earth.  I think kulang ra ang pagpa educate sa ato about global warming. 

Book your tickets and anywhere by planes, trains, boats, or bus at www.12go.co

unionbank online loan application low interest, credit card, easy and fast approval

Way Nada

• STUDENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »
Grazie7y

Kining 'global warming' wa'y labot ang tawo ini kay kita wa tay control sa kinaiyahan o weather. Kining global warming weather pattern ni nga hikaplagan sa mga weather scientists, pero kining mga leftist asakyan nila nga kuno nabuho ang atong 'ozone layer' nga galimin sa kalibutan. Ug imong pangutan-on ni sila kung naa ba'y ilang prueba... di makahatag ug tubag kundi magahatag lang ug tubag nga layo kaayo. [extremist opinion] Pareho pud ni Al Gore.. Sa nawa na siya sa pulitika gasuwat ug libro nga 'Inconvenient Truth'. Matud pa nga ang kalibutan kuno giliminan na ug CO2. Tinood ba ni? Ang CO2 dili man pollutant kay kinahanglan man ni sa mga kahoy.

grazie7y

• EXECUTIVE
  • GURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »
Ah, mao ba, Way Nada?  (I still feel funny calling you Way Nada oi coz I am learning a lot from you! hhahaha)  So anyway, kining Kyoto Protocol unnecessary lugar ni?  Ang tuyo ug tumong gud ni ani aron ma ubusan ang ginatawag ug Greenhouse gas emissions which is a human activity.  Am I wrong? What's your take on excepting developing countries like China and India in the Kyoto Protocol?

About sa CO2 na dili pollutant kay kinahanglan sa kahoy, gamay naman gud ang mga kakahuyan na gakinahanglan aning carbon dioxide kay gipamutol naman ug gipulihan naman ug mga dagkong buildings tungod sa pagpa industrialize sa mga nasud.

Speaking of Al Gore, I saw his documentary, An Inconvenient Truth. Nagpakli-pakli pod intawon ko ug libro para masabtan nko ang modelling nya sa Earth because it looks so impressive pero ning samot lang ko ka libog.  Anyway, the message was good but wala kaayo ko salig sa messenger.  Diha sa documentary, makita nato naglakaw sya sa airport supposedly to take commercial planes but i read na gasakay man na sya sa iyang private plane which is a great pollutant. 

Gisakyan na dayon ning global warming issue sa mga environmentalist. Kini daw pag inom nato ug bottled water, dili kini maka ayo sa kinaiyahan kay ang pag proseso ani, usa sa mga makadaut sa ozone layer. Usa pod kining mga dams na gapadagan aning tubig ug uban pa like sa mga sakyanan nato.  But can we go back to the time of our forefathers who depend solely upon fire and stones as tools for living?  Dili siguro ba?

Salamat, Way Nada! 

Way Nada

• STUDENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
Grazie7y

Kini ako ra ning opinion bahin ining Kyoto Protocol. Kining Kyoto Protocol dili man ni unnecessary. Maayo ni kung pagkibra lang sa CO2 emmission sa kahanginan kay dautan man ni sa tawo pero mao ni ang ginhawa sa mga kahoy. Pero sa mga country nga wa mopirma ining Kyoto Protocol pananglit ang America ug Australia, tungod kay sa America ug Australia ang gigamit nila sa ilang industriya mao man ang coal, ug ang coal ining mga nasura, 'it's like oil in the Middle East'. Daghan kaayo sila ug supply ining coal mineral unya kuwaan sila ug panginabuhi ining mga leftists. I have not seen a modern coal power plant but according to some people who came from abroad, a modern coal power plant has no black, orange or white smoke. Kining England, Japan ug mga membro sa E.U. hingpirma sila tungod kay ang ilang industriya gasalig man sa oil ug nuclear power which are cleaner form of energy compared to coal. As far as I am concern Britain has the cleanest atmosphere all over the world. Ngano man? Tungod kay 75% sa power nila nuclear. Pero usa mga aktibong leftist activists all over the world naa sa Britain, pero dili makaprotesta sa ilang nuclear power.

Ang America ug Australia mopirma sa Kyoto Protocol kung ang China ug India kibrahan pud nila ang pag paaso nila ug CO2 sa kahanginan.

Hibaw ka kining mga leftist activists na hi-jack na nila ang pulitika sa kalibutan apil na ang United Nations. Para nako naay sakto naa puy sobra na. Pananglitan kanang dagat between Bohol and Mindanao ilang gibaoran ang mga mangingisda diha nga dili na managat ug sanga. Ilang gitagaan ug puhunan nga mag-negosyo catering to tourists or work as tourist guides. These leftist activists want to change the culture of the people by making them entrepreneurs overnight. I think that is impossible. One Bohol town  has a council ordinance prohibiting the fishing of sanga. Ang mahitabo ana nga illegal na ang pagpamilak ug sanga and that will lead to corruption because I believe the eating and fishing of sanga is unstoppable. Para makapanagat ug sanga 'lagyan' na pud ang mga pulitiko. 

Sa Britain naay mga primary teachers nga gusto nilang mag-show sa movie ni Al Gore 'Inconvenient Truth' ngadto sa mga bata. Gibabagan sila sa usa ka judge tungod kay dihay hingreklamo nga scientist nga kanang libro ug movie ni Al Gore naay 39 ka mga sayop bahin sa environment. Matud pa sa judge; 'His ideas of the environment is not yet proven conclusively.' Sakto ka! Sa iyang documentary mogawas na si Al Gore nga hipocrite kay mura ug iyang gusto magsakay na lang ug bisikleta ang tawo pero siya sa iyang private jet, which a thousand times pollutant.

WN

grazie7y

• EXECUTIVE
  • GURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 02:36:21 PM »
WN,

Mao lagi akong gi ingon in my earlier post, WN, na naay kalabutan ang mga tawo sa global warming kay human activities man ning maka cause sa greenhouse gas emissions.  Tinuod kinahanglanon kining CO2 sa mga kakahuyan pero tungod sa deforestation, nagaka concentrate ang CO2.  Also, dili lang man baya ang CO2 ang maka apekto sa atong kinaiyahan sama pananglit sa nitrous oxide gumikan sa pag gamit sa mga fertilizers.  Daghan jud bya kaayo ang kinahanglan na cooperation sa mga katawhan para ma minimize ning pagka iritar sa atong ozone layer. 

re: Sanga, di ba ang ilang tumong na i preserve ang mga sanga kay nagkahanaw na?  Wala man ko ka dungog pa gud ani, WN.  Thanks for the info. 

I had a great time reading your posts kay informative and thought-provoking. 

Way Nada

• STUDENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:58:44 AM »
Grazie7y

Gas emmission is a human activity ang global warming is a weather phenomenon. I think there is no solid proof that gas emmission, a human activity, can cause the climate to change.

grazie7y

• EXECUTIVE
  • GURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
WN,

I respect your opinion, WN, but I think we human beings contributed to this global warming phenomenon.  Global warming is a climate change alright, and so is global cooling.  Pero sa pagkakaron, gaka experience ta ug global warming tungod sa atong kakulang sa pagpakabana sa atong Mother Earth.  There is no solid proof either that gas emmissions, a human activity, can not cause climate change, in this case global warming. 

Way Nada

• STUDENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »

Grazie7y,

I have no explanation to you that there is no solid proof either that gas emmissions, a human activity, can not cause climate change. I am only relying on the conventional wisdom that climate change or global warming is caused by the weather condition of our planet. Aside from that any other reasoning saying that human activity causes climate change is an extremist view, in my opinion.

I'll give you an example that leftist view is wrong in their prediction. They said that because of global warming the ice cap in the North Pole will melt making the polar bears' health deteriorate and all the glacier from the mountain will flow down into the sea and inundate the Florida everglades, some parts of Europe and our very own 'sayantis' in the Philippines not to be outdone said low lying places like the city of Manila will be inundated by the rising sea. Joe Espiritu, a Jagna based writer also conformed to this doomsday scenario.

If you are aware now at this present moment the ice cap and the glacier in the North Pole is already melting. Full navigation of the sea between Canada and the North Pole is already open. A ship from England can reach Japan in two weeks through the North Sea compared when they sail through the Panama Canal which will take them months to reach Japan. Canada is asserting sovereignty of the newly open sea as well as the U.S. in the Bering Sea. Canadian scientists are glad that that the melting of the ice offered them a treasure trove of scientific data under the sea never been seen and studied by man since the history of the world. But they did not see that the health of the polar bears is deteriorating nor they say that low lying Canadian islands in their Northern Territory is inundated by a rising sea.

WN 

grazie7y

• EXECUTIVE
  • GURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 06:20:38 AM »
I miss, Sir Way Nada and his brilliant takes on different issues!  Where art tho, Sir?

Lorenzo

• SUPREME COURT
  • THE LEGEND
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:48:33 AM »
I second that!

Where art thou, Mr. Way Nada ?

www.trip.com - Hassle-free planning of your next trip

Tags: