Author Topic: Love your country!  (Read 1322 times)

slackware

• Only the strong can survive...
  • LUMINARY
  • "Die as a hero or live long enough as a vallain?"
    • View Profile
Love your country!
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:51:09 AM »
I GOT THIS MESSAGE THROUGH E-MAIL AND I BELIEVE THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT THE PERSON WROTE AND WE SHOULD SERIOUSLY THINK AND PONDER ABOUT THIS.

Maybe we can learn something from our South Korean neighbor. No wonder why they are so rich and why the Philippines is so poor.

The message goes:

"As you know, we have plenty of Koreans currently studying in the Philippines to take advantage of our cheaper tuition fees and learn English at the same time. "When I went home to Calape last August 2006, I observed the presence of South Korean everywhere we went. I asked some of them why study English here. The response was Filipinos speak clearly, slowly and easy for us to understand than any other English speaking country in the world. "

This is an essay written by a Korean student and I want to share with you. This should be a wake up call to every Filipino.

(Never mind the grammar; it's the CONTENT that counts)

**MY SHORT ESSAY ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES**
By: Jaeyoun Kim

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the main problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for their country, the Philippines. Let me first talk about my country, Korea. It might help you understand my point. After the Korean War, South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world. Koreans had to start from scratch because the entire country was destroyed after the Korean War, and  we  had no natural resources. Koreans used to talk about the  Philippines , for Filipinos were very rich in Asia . We envy the Filipinos. Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos. Many Koreans died of famine. My father & brother also died because of famine. Korean government was very corrupt and is still very corrupt beyond your  imagination, but Korea was able to develop dramatically because Koreans really did their best  for the common good with their heart burning with patriotism. Koreans did not work just for themselves but also for their  neighborhood and country. Education inspired young men with the spirit of patriotism. 40 years ago, President Park took over the government to reform Korea . He tried to borrow money from other countries, but it was not possible to get a loan and  attract a foreign investment because the economic situation  of  South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers and nurses to Germany so that they  could send money to Korea to build a factory. They had to go through horrible experience. In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the airport to welcome him and cried there as they saw President Park. They asked him, "Mr. President, when can we be well off?"  That was the only question everyone asked to him. President Park cried with them and promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone works hard for Korea , and the President  of Germany got the strong impression on them and lent money  to  Korea. So, President Park was able to build many factories in Korea . He always asked Koreans to  love their country from their heart. Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came back to  Korea to help developing the country because they wanted their country to be well off. Though they received very small salary, they did their best for Korea. They always hoped that their children would live in well off country. My parents always  brought  me to the places where poor and physically handicapped people  live. They wanted me to understand their life and help them. I also worked for Catholic Church when I  was in the army. The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to  love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my  neighborhood. Have you cried for the Philippines ? I have cried for my  country several times. I also cried for the Philippines  because of so many poor people & street childrens. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go  to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday. However,  they  do not love the Philippines . I talked  to two prisoners at the maximum-security compound, and both of  them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released  from the prison. They said that they would start a new life  in other countries and never come back to the Philippines. Many Koreans have a great love for Korea so that we were able  to share our wealth with our neighborhood. The owners of factory and company were distributed their  profit to their employees fairly so that employees could buy what they needed and saved money for  their  future and their children. When I was in Korea , I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines , I completely lost my faith. I was very  confused when I saw many unbelievable situations in  the Philippines . Street kids always make me sad, and I see  them everyday. The Philippines is the only biggest Catholic population country in Asia , but there are too many poor people  here. People go to church every Sunday to pray, but nothing has been changed.

My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much  poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They  are so sorry that there are so many beggars and street kids. When we went to Pasangjan,I forced  my  parents to take a boat because it would be fun. However, they were not happy after taking a boat. They said that they would not take the boat again because they were sympathized the boatmen, for the  boatmen were very poor and had a small frame. Most of people just took a boat and enjoyed it. But my parents did not enjoy it because of love for them. My mother who has been working for Catholic Church since I  was very young told me that if we just go to mass without changing ourselves, we are not Catholic indeed. Faith should come with action. She added that I have to love Filipinos and do good things for them because all of us are same and have received a great love from God. I want Filipinos to love their neighborhood and country as much as they love God so that the Philippines will be well off. I am sure that love is the keyword, which Filipinos should  remember. We cannot change the sinful structure at once. It should start from person. Love must  start in everybody, in a small scale and have to grow. A lot of things happen if we open up to love. Let's put away our prejudices and look at our worries with our new eyes. I discover that every person is worthy to be loved. Trust in love, because it makes changes possible. Love changes you and me. It changes people, contexts and  relationships. It changes the world. Please love your neighborhood and country. Jesus Christ said that whatever we do to others we do to  Him. In the Philippines , there is God for people who are abused and abandoned. There is God who is crying for love. If you have a child, teach  them how to love the Philippines . Teach  them why they have to  love their neighborhood and country. You already know that God also will be very happy if you love others.  That's all I really want to ask you  Filipinos.

Linkback: https://tubagbohol.mikeligalig.com/index.php?topic=1138.0
"All that is needed for evil to succeed is, that decent human beings doing nothing". (Edmund Burke)

unionbank online loan application low interest, credit card, easy and fast approval

hazel

Re: Love your country!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:51:03 AM »

Happy

• the beauty of nature
  • GURU
  • Ang "Bugon" ni ate Bambi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 03:39:10 AM »
every filipinos should make a difference, to make philippines a better country..

mao ni sige ta ingon, i love my home my native land... pero unsa man ang ato nabuhat for the philippines?

Linkback: https://tubagbohol.mikeligalig.com/index.php?topic=1138.0
"There's no perfect life, but we can let God fill it with perfect moments"

unionbank online loan application low interest, credit card, easy and fast approval

glacier_71

• DIPLOMAT
  • GURU
  • i expand and live in the sun like corn and melon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:42:12 AM »
Artificial Intelligence is nothing in comparison to Natural Stupidity.

Tags: