normal_post - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol Author Topic: News reports involving Balilihan and it's people  (Read 3273 times)

bol-anon nga cebuano

  • DIPLOMAT
  • LUMINARY
  • *****
  • avatar_1156 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • Posts: 6773
  • medal1 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • in true friendship, forgetfulness has no place...
    • Share Post
xx - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
News reports involving Balilihan and it's people
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:14:19 AM »
 Date Released: 04 June  2008
 

Troops apprehend wounded, left-behind NPA rebel

A wounded New People's Army rebel was apprehended by the operating troops of Charlie Company, 79th Infantry Battalion under 2Lt Espinosa while scouring barangays in Sta Catalina, Negros Oriental at 9 a.m. on May 29.

Troops identified the wounded rebel as Digno Lumbo alias Jimbo, 35 years old, and a resident of Balilihan who fainted upon seeing the troops probably because of hunger and fatigue. He bore slight gunshot wound on his left foot and was immediately given food and water and treated by the troops.

During the initial investigation, Lumbo revealed that he was left behind by his group because of his condition after an encounter against the Army troops on May 27 at Sitio Avocado, Brgy Talalak, Sta Catalina, Negros Oriental.

Lumbo disclosed that after the encounter, his group, numbering about 60, split into four groups and withdrew instantly toward different directions.

Allegedly, certain Roy Erecre alias Toto/Gary, Ramon Patriarca alias Dodong/Aking, and a dozen newly recruited minors were with his group. Lumbo pointed the direction of his group’s route of withdrawal so the troops immediately went after them.

A sporadic gun battle ensued which resulted to the recovery of one Motorola radio, subversive documents and backpack with personal belongings.

No casualty was reported on the government side.#
 


Linkback: https://tubagbohol.mikeligalig.com/index.php?topic=25902.0
"The difference between a smart person and a wise person is that a smart person knows what to say and a wise person knows whether or not to say it."

Lazada.com.ph Search ProductsBooking.com Hotel Search | SitemapRSS Feeds

bol-anon nga cebuano

  • DIPLOMAT
  • LUMINARY
  • *****
  • avatar_1156 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • Posts: 6773
  • medal1 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • in true friendship, forgetfulness has no place...
    • Share Post
xx - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
Re: News reports involving Balilihan and it's people
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
Monday, March 15, 2004
Soldier, 4 rebels slain in Bohol clash

A MILITARY sergeant and four rebels were confirmed dead in a gunfight that lasted for more than three hours in Batuan, Bohol starting around 5:30 a.m. yesterday.

The encounter came a day after the burial of high-ranking New People’s Army leader Silvino “Ka Bino” Clamucha, who was one of two men who died in an encounter last week in Catigbian, Bohol.

Major Raul Mendez, 302nd Infantry Brigade civilian military operations officer based in Bohol, said the gunfight happened in Sitio Kansingi, Barangay San Jose in Batuan.

It was also in that town where rebels raided a government armory and ran off with some 50 high-powered firearms almost five years ago.

“The encounter was the result of a tip given by civilians to the military about the presence of the rebels. It showed that we are starting to get support from civilians, which can be attributed to our relentless pulong-pulong (meetings) in the barangays,” Mendez said.

PO3 Gamaliel Merlas, investigator of the Batuan police, identified the soldier who died as Sgt. Menardo Modelo.

Mendez, in a telephone interview, said they initially identified one of the rebels killed in the combat as Ka Alvin.

The military has no further details about Ka Alvin’s background but he is believed to be the leader of the NPA’s Front 3 in Bohol.

They were later informed that three other rebels who remained unidentified were also found in the encounter area.

Rebel camp

The encounter involved joint forces of the 28th Special Forces Company based in Bilar, Bohol and the 7th Special Forces Company based in Balilihan, Bohol.

Mendez said it was also the result of the constant active security patrols done by soldiers.

He added the rebels set up a camp in the area for their meetings and were planning to launch tactical offensives for their anniversary on March 29.

They also planned to avenge the death of Clamucha.

Bohol Provincial Police Office Director Supt. Sancho Bernales has ordered all the police stations in the towns to be extra alert in order to learn if wounded rebels were brought to hospitals or clinics in their area.

On June 11, 1999, rebels raided the camp of the Regional Mobile Group in Barangay Rizal, Batuan, Bohol.

The rebels carted away around 50 high-powered firearms. At least 36 RMG personnel who were caught off-guard by the rebels were immediately relieved from their posts.

No one was hurt during that raid.

bol-anon nga cebuano

  • DIPLOMAT
  • LUMINARY
  • *****
  • avatar_1156 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • Posts: 6773
  • medal1 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • in true friendship, forgetfulness has no place...
    • Share Post
xx - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
Re: News reports involving Balilihan and it's people
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:24:32 AM »
Arrested NPA man bares revolutionary tax ‘targets’
Friday, February 5, 2010
 
Sugarcane planters, contractors, hardware stores, private individuals, and politicians are among those in the list of entities allegedly giving revolutionary taxes to the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army, documents confiscated from a suspected top official of the NPA who was arrested last Sunday in Dauin, Negros Oriental, showed.

The documents also showed that the rebel movement has been collecting from a certain Lule, Noli and Pedring all of southern Negros Oriental, monthly tax dues ranging from P4,000 to P8,000, provincial police director, Senior Supt. Augusto Marquez Jr., said.

A contractor based in Dumaguete City is undertaking mostly road projects is also reportedly paying the NPA a monthly revolutionary tax of P12,000, and a sugar planter P6,000 a month since 2008.

These were revealed by Florencio Quiño, a perceived top cadre of the NPA’s Komiteng Rehiyon Sentral Bisayas whose armed group is operating in southern Negros Oriental.

Quiño, 39, who carries the aliases of Pony/Benjie/Lito/Ale/Warren, is believed to be the head of the taxation group of the Southeast Front of the KRSB, military sources said.

A resident of Barangay Tagustusan, in Balilihan, Bohol, he was arrested recently when residents of Barangay Tugawe in Dauin confronted him after noticing him acting suspiciously.

Policemen invited him to the police for questioning but later arrested, when it was confirmed that he had was facing arrest warrants in Bohol and Cebu for illegal possession of firearms and multiple murder charges, Marquez said.

Marquez said Quiño’s arrest is a big blow to the rebel movement considering that he is handling its tax collection system.

The police now want to ask the court to freeze two bank accounts after the confiscation of ATM cards, cellphones and “subversive” documents from Quiño, he added.

He also said he will consult with the anti-money laundering council on the process for tracing funds transferred through the ATM accounts.

Marquez said he is calling on businessmen, politicians and individuals who had received threats or demand letters from the NPA to come out and support a case build-up against Quiño who will be transferred to Bohol where he is facing illegal possession of firearms before Regional Trial Court Branch 3 under presiding Judge Pacoto Yape in Tagbilaran City.

Quiño allegedly admitted involvement in the attack of the 78th Infantry Battalion in Barangay Caorasan in Carmen, Cebu in December 2001, where at least three soldiers were killed and a number of high-powered firearms carted away by rebels.

He claimed to have been recruited when he was 18 and has been active in the revolutionary movement for 21 years.

He said he had served in various positions in the KRSB in Bohol, Cebu and Negros Oriental. He also said he will cooperate with the authorities and will face the charges against him.

He also said that he had considered a voluntary surrender but was fearful that his comrades would kill him.

Marquez said that Quiño will be transferred either to Bohol or Cebu, where he is facing criminal charges if no case is filed against him in Negros Oriental.
 
 

bol-anon nga cebuano

  • DIPLOMAT
  • LUMINARY
  • *****
  • avatar_1156 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • Posts: 6773
  • medal1 - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
  • in true friendship, forgetfulness has no place...
    • Share Post
xx - News reports involving Balilihan and it's people - Balilihan - Bohol
Re: News reports involving Balilihan and it's people
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:29:30 AM »
1 dead, 2 wounded in Batuan encounter


Cebu City (7 February) -- ANGRY exchange of gunfire and some 45 minutes of running gunbattle left a scout ranger dead and an army man and CAFGU wounded when armed men attacked government troops in routine patrol in Batuan Saturday February 3.

The recent encounter is 302nd Brigade new commander Colonel Jessie Dellosa's baptism of fire, as the consummate ranger fresh from his Muslim secessionist exploits in Mindanao has hardly warmed his seat in his Bohol duty tour.

Col. Dellosa took over army's 302nd Brigade based in Carmen, Bohol barely five days before the incident that shattered Bohol peace erupted.

According to reports, elements of the 1st Scout Ranger Battalion (1SRBn) led by SSgt. Sulpicio Depacto were having lunch while on routine combat patrol operations in Sitio Candalis, Barangay Sta. Cruz Batuan when an estimated 40 armed members of the New People's Army sprayed them with bullets, around 10:45 am.

The rangers, guided by unnamed members of the Civilian Armed Forces for Geographical Units (CAFGU) were reportedly validating reports of enemy sightings of an estimated 40 armed rebels in the vicinity of Barangay Behind the Clouds, some six kilometers away. The initial burst of live fire left the Ssgt Depacto-led team to seek tactical advantage but being exposed to fire, three were immediately wounded.

As the government troops battled to establish defense counter measures, a ranger whom military sources refused to name was killed in the initial burst while two more troopers are currently recuperating at the Central Command Hospital in Cebu following evacuation operations.

Army Civil Military operations Officer Major Jun Suaybaguio refused to give the names of the fatality and those wounded in action pending notification of their immediate families.

Progress reports sent to the Post detail that the pursuing troopers are following bloodstains left by retreating red fighters. The rebel group have reportedly broken themselves into small fighting units and escaped to the general direction south west of the encounter area.

Mop up operations also report several personal belongings left by the retreating rebels, though military spokespersons refused to divulge the items pending the nod from higher authorities.

The encounter slid Bohol's peace efforts a notch, with the latest marring a record of years of relative peace here.

As the joint forces of the 15th Infantry Battalion (15thIB), 1st SR Bn and other responding units conducted hot pursuit operations, army Major Jun Suaybaguio in a phone interview issued a call for the rebels to peacefully give up the fight before the pursuing government forces could get them.

In another development, army elements, acting upon a tip recovered three radio handsets with complete accessories in an abandoned house in Sitio Sto. Niño, Hanopol Balilihan within the week. The recovered items were left inside a sack and could probably be left by fighters in their haste to escape the approaching government troopers.

Reported recovered were 1 PRC-77, hand set with battery pack and another 2 PRC-126, also with complete accessories.

The recovery of the radio items happened a few days apart from the 302nd Bde leadership turn-over rites.



Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Reports from Balilihan

Started by bol-anon nga cebuano on Balilihan - Bohol

0 Replies
2167 Views
Last post April 15, 2009, 10:54:14 PM
by bol-anon nga cebuano
 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Powered by SMFPacks SEO Pro Mod | Sitemap
Mobile View
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2019, SimplePortal