travel insurance protection insured trip abroad security

Author Topic: Overstaying Foreigner in the Philippines  (Read 1776 times)


  • GURU
  • *****
  • Posts: 18912
  • Need A Website? Email me:
Overstaying Foreigner in the Philippines
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »

The answer needs a qualification.

If an alien is a former Filipino, and had overstayed, he/she may apply for R.A. 9225. During his/her application, he/she must not leave the Philippines until his/her application has been approved. Otherwise, he/she will be charged for all lawful fines and penalties due for overstaying. Thus, only natural-born citizens of the Philippines who have lost their Philippine Citizenship by reason of their naturalization as citizens of a foreign country may retain or reacquire Philippine citizenship.

On the other hand, if an alien is not a natural-born citizen of the Philippines who have lost his/her Filipino citizenship, he/she cannot apply for R.A. 9225.
source: Bureau of Immigration
Romans 10:9
"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved."

My Facebook Profile:
RSS Tubag Bohol Feed Burner


ESET Antivirus and Internet Security for Mac computers and laptops - Save 25%
Mobile View
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2017, SimplePortal