Requirements for Filipino emigrants as required by the Commission on Filipino Overseas
* They are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO).
* They are required to attend in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas.
* The children of emigrants aged 12 years old and below are exempt from attending the PDOS but must be registered even by proxy.
* The children of emigrants aged 13 and above are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.
In these seminars, various topics are discussed such as:
• Travel regulations;
• Immigration procedures;
• Cultural differences;
• Settlement concerns;
• Employment and social security concerns; and
• Rights and obligations of Filipino migrants. For further details, please visit the website
of the Commission on Filipino Overseas.