For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW’s), before departure, he/she must present a POEA Overseas Employment Certificate at the concerned immigration counter. Otherwise, they shall not be cleared for departure. (MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD – 02 – 019 dated 15 April 2002).
Under POEA Memorandum Circular No. 18 series of 1997).
• The Licensing and Regulation Office (LRO), specifically the Employment Regulation Branch, shall remain the focal office, in evaluating employment and/or travel documents of individuals whose nature of travel falls under special cases and shall issue an exit clearance, if necessary.
Special cases shall include:
* Regular employees of local companies assigned or posted abroad to their subsidiaries/mother/sister companies on secondment arrangement for a limited period and are in possession of employment or intra-company transferee visa;
* Vacationing OFWs leaving on personal travel;
* Former OFWs/Individuals with CW passport
travelling to foreign countries with no visa to ascertain the purpose of travel; and
* Religious missionaries who will be assigned temporarily abroad and are traveling on employment visa.
• Individuals who are travelling on visas other than employment such as training, foreign residence, visit, spouse/fiancee/ dependent, student, and business, need not secure exit clearance from POEA. However, in view of the peculiarities obtaining in the Korean labor market, trainee bound for Korea must obtain an exit clearance or the appropriate Overseas Employment Certificate through their respective recruitment agencies, as the case may be. The POEA Regional Centers and Regional Extension Units may issue special exit clearance herein mentioned, as may be applicable.