You will need:
2 medium sized Ampalaya seeded
1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1 cup vinegar
1/4 cup water
6 tbsp sugar (or sugar substitute)
1 tsp fine salt
1. Wash Ampalaya. Cut in half lengthwise to remove pulp and seeds with spoon. Slice into 5mm thickness.
2. Mix in 2 tbsp. salt. Rinse after 15 minutes Drain well.
3. Combine carrots, onions, and garlic.
4. Prepare boiling solution by boiling vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Set Aside for it to cool down. Note* When sugar substitute is being used instead of sugar, add sweetener only during the cooling period.
5. Pour pickling solution over vegetable mixture. Toss.
6. Place in a jar. Serves best when cold as a side-dish.