By LEO P. UDTOHAN
December 31 2006 - Could it be true that a boss of a mobile company failed to give the 13-month pay to his employees? Sad, oh sad, that his employees celebrated a blue Christmas. Walang konsensiya, an email (containing bile words) True got from an unknown person (obviously an employee). Another email sent to True made tsismis that this boss has an illicit affair with his sister-in-law. I highly recommend a Rosy Life, a Koreannovela of GMA 7
(which is about to end next week). Could it be true that a board member had her Christmas presents (to the poor) with NFA rice? According to my VRS, this board member (unlike her sisters-in-law who have no ‘hearts' to share their blessings to the sick and needy), gave 1 kilo of NFA rice to her neighbors (and the poor) as part of her annual Christmas outreach. The 1 kilo of NFA rice is added with one small tinapa and a 1-piece noodle. It's not the gifts but the thought that counts, di ba? The poor will become poorer and the rich are getting richer. Could it be true that a district engineer is getting richer (and making monkey business)? One email reads that this person is now considered the richie-rich of the town where all the graba, cement, tiles, kabilya and even the gasoline supply (for the department) went all to this engineer's house for personal use and this engineer was able to build three “mansions.” Could it be true that Pres. Macapagal-Arroyo is supporting another candidate (leaving Gov. Erico Aumentado)? This person who claims as the president's inaanak is circulating fax messages “threatening” all the mayors to support him in the next elections “or else….” Email forwarded to True about this person confirms that “he's so funny because this person is just hallucinating.”
It's again the time of year when psychics (mananagna) of all shapes and sizes, of varying degrees of credibility or lack of it, seem to descend on the scene from out of nowhere and ready to give their predictions or tagna to all sorts of clients (mostly women and gays). True is reminding you that telling the fortune of the luminaries and “who's who” in Bohol is easy as ABC, I mean, easy as counting the stars in heaven. All you have to do is religiously monitor their moves, listen to updates about them from “circle of friends” and attend parties and gathering where they are visible. Without fail and, voila, mananagna na ka! Easy? Very easy.
However, this year's tagna is predicted by a famous psychic and card reader Cresia Sarahina (you can see her at Barangay Bil-isan, Panglao fronting the Bil-isan chapel and for appointment you may call her 0928-3846522). Cresia is using cartomancy (card-reading) as well as psychic power to read your future. I met Cresia when we featured her on defunct enliv two years ago (with Chai Fonacier of ABS-CBN's Pinoy Dream Academy ) Cresia predicted she would be on TV! And, the same psychic predicted that I would visit Europe covering the prestigious Miss World 2006.
Without much ado, here is True's tagna for 2007 for Bohol 's who's who, based upon Cresia's predictions and my own observation and info from VRS and other sources.
• A radio news program will fade out.
• A new lifestyle show will be aired on a local cable channel with new promising local teen stars.
• A new radio station run by a giant network in Manila will be operating here.
• A writer and host program will jump over the bakod. You know moving to a new “station.”
• A veteran radio news anchor/host will disappear from the air (either to leave this world or travel).
• A young daughter of a prominent family here will get pregnant out of wedlock. She'll come out crying on but the “culprit” will be unmoved and refuse to marry her.
• More Boholanos will follow in the footsteps of Luke Mejares and the (not so popular Jerome Sala and bring honor to the country by winning in song festivals abroad.
• A young journalist from Bohol will be awarded by an international award-giving body.
• A happily-married businessman will be romantically linked to a young student. But he'll survive the minor issue with himself and his family intact.
• A high-ranking politician will make a shocking (read: headline-making) revelation.
• A popular government employee will quit her job and announce her intention to run in next year's elections – if, and that's the Big If, there would be elections.
• A wife of a prominent politician will have problems with her philandering husband.
• More sexy videos of politicians and “who's who” will be spread via the Internet and cellphones. Edik, you are not alone!
• GMA 7's Starstruck girl, Rich Asuncion from Bool, Tagbilaran City will shine even brighter in Year 2007– and beyond. She will get offers for commercials and product endorsements
• The next edition of Pinoy Big Brother will be have a Boholano/a—and he/she will be hit by controversies that will force the management to slap him/her with suspension.
• 2005 Star in a Million grand champion from Bohol Jerome Sala has a hard time to be on the spotlight. He will be out of circulation… unless he has to do something to “regain” his lost popularity.
And from Cresia…
• Baba Yap will see success in 2007. Success in business and lots, lots of opportunities for him in 2007. 2007 is a good year to settle down.
•RG Ong (who's selective when it comes to girls) will remain loveless. But he can find her true love from a young lady from the northern part of Bohol .
• Fashion designer and icon Maximiel will work abroad and even make a new name there (as famous as ever).
• Raul Gatal's plan to work abroad is possible. And he can find a new love.
• BJ Alba is moving to another station (in other place, possibly abroad).
• Joy Suarez (manager of Ananyana Beach Resort in Panglao) will move to another place (will work with the same boss).
• More success on Raymund Roldan's chain of business. However, he should be careful… and to take care (more) of his family.
• Success in business for Uly Dolojol of Oopsbar!
• More success in business and in politics for Panglao's councilor Nila Montero.
• Loy Palapos will get more travel next year (with lots of job offers), but he'll never turn his back on dear Philippines .
• Ron Tan will build another business in 2007. There is a problem in love life.. His supposed “love” with some girls is just a passing fancy unless he will be serious with the girl.
• Gerry Lugod will find his “real” love after getting “out” of shell.
• Loida Lagunoy will win another award (in a beauty pageant) during vacation.
• Genevieve Jamisola will have a new rich bf who will love her and her kids (no marriage, please).
• Dennis Du (of Dunkin Donuts) is lucky for business in 2007. But sad to say, there is a possibility to transfer to another place.
• Chris Ramasola is thinking to get married ion 2007. And to have a new business will come true.
• Success in love life and abroad for Emerson Pinos and Manuel Ferdinand de Erio will remain loveless because he has to choose from the two.
Year of the Fire Pig
Attention: Those who are born in 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007 are pig people. Oink!
Here's an info from Astrology.com, contrary to its rather negative reputation in the West, the Pig of Chinese Astrology may be the most generous and honorable Sign of the Zodiac. Pigs are nice to a fault and possess impeccable manners and taste. They have so much of the perfectionist in them that others may be inclined to perceive them as snobs, but this is a misconception. Pigs are simply possessed of a truly luxurious nature, one that delights in finery and riches (in surroundings, food, lovemaking and otherwise). This Sign believes in the best qualities of mankind and certainly doesn't consider itself to be superior. Pigs also care a great deal about friends and family and work hard to keep everyone in their life happy. Helping others is a true pleasure for the Pig, who feels best when everyone else is smiling.
A Pig with no one around to appreciate its giving nature is a sad sight. Pigs are so magnanimous they can appear almost saintly; this can lead some less-than-well-intentioned souls to stomp all over this Sign, and the bad news is, the Pig will take the blows! Pigs make great companions in part because of their refusal to see the more negative or base qualities in a partner, but that rose-colored view can lead to this Sign's allowing itself to be taken advantage of. Contrary to their seemingly benign dispositions, however, Pigs can be quite venomous in response to being crossed by a lover, friend or business partner.
Pigs are highly intelligent creatures, forever studying, playing and probing in their quest for greater knowledge. They can be misinterpreted as being lazy, however, due to their love of reveling in the good stuff; this Sign could happily spend hours on end making love, napping, taking a long bubble bath or dallying over an incredible spread of rich foods. Pigs tend to make wonderful life partners due to their hearts of gold and their love of family. Even so, Pigs can be rather exclusive, choosing to spend time with those who will appreciate them most and ignore the rest of the populace. Pigs would do well to realize that there's more to life than being needed. When they open up their world to a diverse group of people, they will truly bloom. The most compatible match for a Pig is the Rabbit and the Goat.
Rebecca Lusterio in Ligalig
Surprises never seem to stop coming. Early last week, I got a text message from Rebecca “Bikay” Lusterio sending her Christmas and New Year's greetings to True. Rebecca is one of my close showbiz friends –and she didn't let herself unaffected by showbiz and she remained as humble as ever; doesn't have any airs at all. And guess what? Bikay is busy for the past days as part of this year's Metro Manila Film Festival. She also informed me that she's part of the movie Ligalig (an entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival directed by Cesar Montano). Her role in this movie is an ampon of Celia Rodriguez. And maybe win an award for her role (1999 Best Child Performer (MMFF), New Child Actress (FAMAS) and New Child Performer for STAR and 2004 MMFF Best Supporting Actress for Panaghoy sa Suba)? “I am not expecting any award…being part of the film is already an achievement,” said Rebecca.
Bikay could have done more movies (and TV shows) hadn't she opted to devote full time to her studies, supporting herself and helping augment the meager family income by selling seashells at Alona Beach in Panglao. Bikay invited True on her graduation last April (this year) and I wrote the event for Philippine Star and filmed it for GMA 7's 24 Oras. There was a small salu-salo in her house at Sitio Katibo in Tawala, Panglao prepared by her parents Verano and Helen. The plight of Rebecca touched many hearts, among them Rev. Edwin Lao, O.P., Rector and president of Colegio de San Juan de Letran (her story appeared at Funfare by Ricky Lo of the Philippine Star) giving her scholarship for college. Bikay is a scholar of the said university enrolling at the multi-awarded Institute of Communication. Bohol 's pride and jewel, Bikay said that she missed Bohol and her family, however, she wants to stay in Manila to finish her studies and fulfill her dreams. Good luck, Bikay!
The year that was
2006 is a busy (and good) year for True. The year 2006 moved to be an eventful one, on the bleak and dreary side. The year's occurrences alone are enough to fill the pages of history book. ‘Tis a year of visiting and revisiting places in the Philippines and in Europe . Why busy? Accredited press of the Miss World 2006 in Poland , judge of regional presscon and quizmaster of SK Bohol Info Quiz. True's news coverage: death of Sgt. Myla Maravillosa, Butuan Food poisoning, koja of Caingget, botete, Siquijor's tang-alap, sting ray and boat coffins, etc (for the toprating GMA 7's 24 Oras and Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho), while True's travel program produced: Siquijor and Bohol (3rd and 4th episodes) for Living Asia Channel. Huh?! What is this year's top event? Can you recall? And who is your Man of the Year? And who's your pick for the Woman of the Year? True's choices are those who carved, shaped, wrote and changed the pages of history—and event worthy to be remembered in the annals of history. These people have their “stars” shine for the year 2006. There were many events and “great” and “popular” people but their names slipped out of mind enough that they were “less” to be remembered. Here it goes:
Event of the Year
Death and burial of Sgt. Myla Maravillosa of Inabanga (January)
TBTK 2006 elections (July)
Miss Bohol International (July)
SK Pop Idol (November)
Batuan Food Poisoning (May)
Death of Victor Olayvar (September)
New bishop Leonardo Madroso (December)
Leaders Incorporated Babe 2006 (November)
Unitop's raid and hold-up (December)
Winner: Death and burial of Sgt. Maravillosa (which was covered worldwide)
Man of the Year
Rey “Boom-Boom” Bautista (topbilled as the next Manny Pacquiao in the boxing history)
Edik Dolotina (for his scandalous, hot item photos in the internet)
Victor Olayvar (who was gunned and died for a cause)
Bishop Leo Madroso (as a new bishop in the Diocese of Tagbilaran)
Winner: Rey “Boom-Boom” Bautista (for his boxing feat)
Woman of the Year
Miss Bohol International Loida Lagonoy (the 3rd to get the crown)
TBTK chair Betty Veloso (for guiding, leading and organizing the 3rd TBTK)
Bb. Pilipinas Anna Maris Igpit (for bringing Bohol into the pageantry)
Sgt. Myla Maravillosa (who died in Iraq to protect the world against terrorism)
Winner: Bb. Pilipinas Anna Maris Igpit, the first Boholana to get the crown)
·Birthday greetings to Daylinda Paredes who celebrated her birthday last Dec. 28. She turned 28. Her parents Terio and Linda entertained Daylinda's high school classmates (Emerson Pinos, Emyat Corpus, AiAi Ceruela) from Dr. Cecilio Putong National High School..and including her boyfriend Jay. ·Belated happy birthday to Manang Tacing Udtohan who celebrated her birthday last Dec. 24. More birthdays to come!
Here's a new year's message forwarded to me by an unknown texter. Lapit na 2007 noh? Lapit na matapos 2006… another year, another life. Thanks sa pagsali this year sa life ko ha? Sana join ka ulit next year. Saya kasi pag-anjan ka! Maligayang merry and prosperous Happy New Year to all. Salamuch! You can email me at email@example.com